Kelamis Plastic Surgery is proud to offer the only FDA-approved micro-needling device (SkinPen) which is clinically proven with visible results seen after one treatment. SkinPen creates controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound-healing response which initiates the release of natural growth factors to improve collagen formation and cellular tissue resulting in improved appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Is SkinPen For Me?
SkinPen can help correct:
- SkinPen rejuvenates skin from the inside out for younger-looking skin.
- Results are natural, safe and effective for all skin tones and types.
- Jump-starts new collagen without heat or chemicals.
- Quick-and-easy with little to no downtime.
How Does Microneedling work?
SkinPen creates thousands of microchannels that stimulate your body’s natural wound-healing process while minimizing cellular damage. This rejuvenates your skin from the inside out. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the skin’s overall structure intact.
What Can You Expect?
SkinPen is a simple, comfortable, and effective treatment for skin rejuvenation. Most people see results in as few as three 30-minute sessions.
Our skin specialist will gently cleanse your skin. Topical anesthesia may be administered to ensure maximum comfort during the treatment.
- Skin Pen creates millions of controlled microchannels in the skin. This jump starts the production of collagen and elastin and encourages the release of growth factors that recruit and increase reparative cells. The result is a cascade of healing processes that can continue for months following your treatment.
- The SkinPen treatment lasts approximately 30 minutes. Depending on whether an anesthetic is used prior to treatment, your entire treatment session may last up to one hour- still plenty of time to schedule your treatment before work or during your lunch hour. Be sure to speak with your provider before you come to get an accurate estimate, so you know how to plan your visit.
- Your skin may initially appear slightly pink to red, similar to a mild sunburn. This is normal and should subside within 24 to 72 hours.
- Some people see rejuvenated skin after just one treatment, and results may continue to improve for three to six months following your last treatment.
Microneedling with PRP
If you’re looking to power up your results, you can add PRP to your treatment. PRP microneedling uses your own platelet rich plasma. If you haven’t tried PRP before, read on to learn all that it has to offer – and how it could transform your next microneedling session.
It’s great for scar tissue
Adding PRP to microneedling may help stimulate cell turnover to speed up the healing process. This is especially helpful when treating scar tissue. The microneedling component of treatment helps break up the old scar tissue and stimulate fresh healing, and the PRP introduces concentrated growth factors to the area to help clear the skin.
It’s all natural
The platelet rich plasma used during your treatment is harvested from a sample of your own blood. We will draw a small amount of blood and spin it in a centrifuge to separate the different components of the blood. The platelet rich plasma is isolated and can be removed from the sample, and reintroduced to your skin with the microneedling device. This reduces the risk of an allergic reaction that could potentially be experienced with a different, foreign substance.
It’s extremely effective on large pores
Large pores can be incredibly frustrating because they make a big difference to your skin’s overall tone and texture. PRP microneedling can help reduce pore size to smooth your complexion. The small channels created during treatment lead skin to tighten and achieve fresh growth. This helps shrink pores and even out your facial skin.
There’s less downtime than microneedling alone
Several studies of PRP microneedling found that adding PRP decreased downtime following the procedure and also improved patient satisfaction. Why is this the case? It’s likely that the PRP encourages rapid healing and helps soothe the treatment area – and also intensifies treatment results.
What happens when you get microneedling with PRP?
- A staff member draws a small amount of blood from a vein in your arm. This is spun in a centrifuge to separate the different components and isolate the platelet rich plasma. The amount drawn is typically just one tube.
- Your face is numbed with a topical cream to keep you comfortable during the procedure.
- The treatment area is carefully cleaned to prevent any bacteria from entering the skin during microneedling.
- Your provider uses a microneedling device equipped with multiple tiny needles to create small channels in the skin across the treatment area.
- The PRP is reintroduced to the skin with the microneedling device.
- You may see some redness and skin sensitivity immediately after the procedure, but this will typically fade within 24 hours. There is usually no downtime required following treatment.
- If you have particularly sensitive skin, some mild bruising may occur but will resolve within several days.
- Avoid picking your skin or removing any peeling flakes to avoid potential issues with pigmentation or scarring.
- You’ll notice your skin beginning to feel tighter and smoother within the days following the procedure. As the skin produces fresh collagen in the coming weeks and months, you’ll see more pronounced results develop.
- If you’re interested in furthering your results, you can schedule additional PRP microneedling sessions.